Greg Dunavant, Director of Customer Operations, Gas South
At Gas South, our Customer Care Center enrolls thousands of Georgia residents and businesses for natural gas service annually. When prospects call us, our goal is to provide these callers with an amazing experience that helps them choose the product that’s right for their circumstance and is respectful of their time. In early 2018, we set out to improve that experience for our customers and employees by providing a streamlined agent interface for agents to use when serving customers over the phone. By developing a new enrollment interface, we improved our customer experience and made life easier for our employees.
The new interface went live in October 2018 and provided a better experience in several ways:
• Guided through the right questions to ensure we understood the unique needs of the customer and collected the necessary information to process the enrollments
• Reduced the number of screens our agents needed to visit - resulting in lower call handling time
• Added real-time validation of data fields which increased the percentage of enrollments that were processed without issue
• Reduced training time required for new hires
• Provided easier enrollment steps for agents that process enrollments that come through other channels
Because of the newly developed Enrollment UI (User Interface) our average call handle time positively decreased by one minute and we saw a 45% reduction in back office enrollment processing times. Not only did call times and back-office enrollment processing times decrease, within two months we also saw over a 90% customer agent adoption.
In addition to a speedy internal adoption period, decreased call times and enrollment processing times, our EX (employee experience) has dramatically increased.
• The enrollment tool has transformed what was a frustrating enrollment process to a faster-streamlined tool. I appreciate the thoughtful format, which flows with the script, and is conveniently visible in one small space.
• It’s user friendly for agents and customers, and lets us focus on details of what makes a call/enrollment amazing. Considerable effort went into this well-polished result. I commend and thank the entire team that created and implemented this awesome product.
• The residential UI has sped up the completion time for residential enrollment. I would say it has cut the time in half. Also, the new tool is simple and very easy to navigate.
This effort has also contributed to a continued improvement in our Net Promotor Score and Customer Effort Score. Ultimately, because of our new enrollment UI, our CX (customer experience), EX (employee experience), OX (operations experience) and UX (User Experience) have all significantly improved for the better.
At Gas South, our goal is to be at the forefront of technology. We aim to be constantly evolving and growing in the technology space to ultimately provide our customers and employees with the best experiences possible.